Sunday, October 16, 2011

End Walls and a Lift Up

77 degrees and beautiful.  Some mosquitoes have decided to head back up from Florida buy they forgot how to sting.

Early this morning I went to the home center to pick up more 2x4 studs as I was running low.  I bought a dozen and thought that was plenty but soon found that I ran out again after completing the framing of the two end walls.  I will need more for the small long walls on the second story and the lean-to addition.

Here are a few pictures from the framing of the end walls that I did on the driveway.


Used the large tablesaw to accurately cut the sides of the walls.


Laying out the framing over three sheets of plywood to square the walls.
Finished one wall, one more to go.
Elizabeth, the two girls and I carried the end walls around the backyard and to the playhouse where I began to tie straps around the header beam above where the window will go.  I then got the chance to use the hoist for the first time and I'm very surprised and happy to say that it worked!

Here is a video that Lauren took during the first hoist of an end wall.


And here are some pictures from the rest of the day.








Tomorrow I plan to finish with the house wrap and apply the sheathing to the end walls and then pick up some more 2x4s so that I can build and install the half walls on the second floor.  It should be a long day.























1 comment: