Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sill Plate Fitted

83 degrees with wet rain.  Currently under a flash flood watch.  No mosquitoes in the area.

I worked all day and thought that I had a few hours of sun light to work outside but the time was cut short as dark clouds in the areas started to produce rain.  I was using my old Ridged cordless drill and circular saw to cut the sill boards to length and to drill the holes for the bolts that will hold them in place.

Sill plate installed - looking from the dining room while raining.
I will need to remove the sill plate and install the vapor barrier, which is a 6mm plastic sheet that will go over the concrete block foundation and cover the interior of the crawl space.  Then I need to install the sill plate gasket and bolt the wood sill back down.  I'll wait for a dry day to get this done and don't expect that it will take more than an hour to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment