Tuesday, September 13, 2011

More Foundation Work - It Never Ends

88 degrees with lots of sun and much humidity.  Mosquito count = 2.5 per cubic yard of air.

I'm going to spare you any pictures of stacks of cinder block and only tell you that I was able to set the first course of blocks against the back wall and set the re-bar into two voids and I also set two anchor bolts on the west wall of the foundation that will later be used to secure the sill plate to the foundation.

I also moved all of the remaining block (80 in total) from the driveway to the site in neat stacks where I will be using them to complete the foundation.  I also swept the concrete flakes and dumped the wood pallet onto the pile of branches at the curb that are still there from hurricane Irene.  I just took a shower and I'm now listening to REM, Dead Letter Office and started in on a fresh box of wine, so I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment