Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Plans to the city

Weather - 80 degrees with big thunderstorms from the south.


A little bit of background - I was planning to build a three story structure that is a good representation of the Pointed House that we enjoyed while living on the Mosel river in the late 80's.  However, the city quickly disapproved of my plans and I had to remove the smaller ground floor from the design to pass the zoning requirements.  Here are my original pictures that I included in my zoning package to the city that shows the placement of the structure on the south side of our home.  The folks at the city are all very nice and I did enjoy talking to them even though they placed limits on my vision.  Probably a good idea.

Last week I started to dig the foundation ditch after having cleared away many large branches from the surrounding vegetation.  The soil is good to work in but I have encountered several roots and the digging of the ground close to the large pine tree is turning out to be very difficult and I guess I will need to fill that area with crushed stone to allow the roots to grow instead of cementing in cinder block.  I think this will work and at this point I just need to get the entire ground prepared for the foundation, which is expected to arrive with the other materials on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment