Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"Lean To" Foundation

74 degrees with some clouds and no rain.

Today I let in the block foundation for the "lean to" shed that will go against the main building and also finished with the last course of block for the entire foundation.  All of the block appears to be very strait and level as I gave it one more check with a level and tape measure.


String pulled very tight to align the block.

Lean To foundation in Sketchup


"Lean To" foundation.
I also discovered that there was not enough room in height to put in the block around the tree where I previously poured a foundation around the roots.  I decided to pour another foundation right up to the height of the final course of block, which will work well.


New poured foundation with Devon and Lauren's name and year.
Tomorrow I plan to buy three more bags of concrete mix and pour it into some of the remaining voids in the block where I plan to install the remaining anchor bolts for the sill plate.  I have the locations where I would like to install the bolts placed around the block so I should be ready to go.  I will also need to get two more pressure treated 6" boards for the sill around the "lean to" shed foundation.  This will be the final day of foundation work as long as the weather holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment